Saturday, December 08, 2007

prayer and AIS tournament

PRAYER

What we really do when we pray? Or maybe the question that is needed to be ask is that, do you pray? When we pray, we talk to God in our heart asking for what we really want and sometimes we forgot to give thanks to the Lord. But gratitude is the most important thing for me when praying because we must be. Sometimes, we are not getting what we want, because God will give what we need. Humans think very short and not deep, that when God doesn’t answer our prayers, that means He got something better for us. But as humans, we sometimes think that God doesn’t answers prayers. Sometimes when we are having problems, we turn up to God, asking for a way, but when we don’t have any problems we ignore God. For me, I just have to keep reminding my self that I can’t live alone, I can’t do it alone, I can’t go through my day without Him. And He’s the reason I live now.

To pray for me is always been a time when I have a moment just for God. Prayer always been something I rely on in my life. I usually pray at night where I sit on my bed, reflect upon the day I’ve gone through and just talk to God; my best friend. After praying, I really feel a lot better. So guys, pray a lot. It will make you to feel better even though you don’t have any problems.

AIS Tournament


Today, there’s AIS (Australian International School) one day basketball tournament in Ragunan. It is a one day tournament, and there are just 5 schools competing with each other in this tournament. Our both boys and girls SPH joined this tournament and end up in a very satisfying result. Both of our teams got 1st place.

What made today different than the other basketball games is that we feel the togetherness in our team, after 2-3 weeks not playing basketball because our season has ended. We got one whole day to spend time with our teammates and all the games had been very fun. We are still taking it seriously though, but still laughter is needed in the game. Also, it’s because it is my last basketball tournament with my best friend. So I got to spend time with her and make the most of it. Another reason is that because our old coach, Mr. Rusty was there with his own team and we got a chance to just talk and chat with him. A lot of stories to tell, and I just missed him being coached by him.

It’s been a very tired day. We played the total of 5 games in one day and we won all of it.

ADELA

No comments: