Sunday, December 09, 2007

i MISS basketball..

On Saturday, I had a basketball tournament to attend to along with some of my basketball team + coaches. I had to wake up at 6 in the morning to get ready because we had to meet up at school by 06.45. Because I was quite lazy since it’s early in the morning, I was kind of late. So I didn’t come to school since some of them left already. So, I picked up Adela and Jacqueline came as well. We leave Lippo Karawaci at 07.00 A.M. and arrive there at around 8.20-ish. Since our game didn’t start until 8.30 or 8.45, we sat there and watch the games that started before. I was really excited because I haven’t played real basketball for quite some time since the season is over. I love basketball and that’s why I always try to do my best in it! When I knew that the game was going to be a 30 minute game, I thought that it wasn’t going to be that fun because normally it’s a 40 minute game. But after the 1st two out of 5 games, it was quite tiring and my mind changed. I never felt as tired before when playing basketball. Yes, I did play a lot, but I knew that it wasn’t the thing that made me tired. I think the fact that the gap between each game for resting is not too long yet not too short, which made me feel more tired. It’s actually more tiring to play half-half than to play full game and then done. After the third game, I felt so tired. I had a migraine and I felt like I want to barf. Everybody was eating their lunch except for me. My appetite was gone. So when everyone ate, I slept on the floor. Since it’s indoor, it’s not that dirty. I slept for 30 minutes or so. When I woke up, I still had that migraine. Then I drank some water and a drink called mizone. Not long after that, I didn’t feel dizzy anymore and I felt energetic. I played well and was happy. On the finals, I played not as long as before, because the coaches can see that I started felling exhausted again but I was satisfied with everything.

Overall, I was very happy that I got a chance to play a lot. I played longer than I thought and did quite well. Other than that, I felt that I have improved so much, which made me feel that all my hard work really paid off. During the tournament as well, the SPH girls and boys both won 1st place. Adela also got a trophy for herself as the MVP player (girl) out of all the girls in the whole tournament! *Wow* haha.. I also met an ex-PE teacher from SPH, which was Mr. Rusty. Some of the girls talked with him and just update each other with stuff. We really missed him and we were happy to see him again after a long time. We had a fun time hanging out with him.

Aside from all that, there was this one weird, but also a nice girl that was also part of the tournament from another school. When SPH girls was starting to stretch and warm up, and that the game before was just done, a girl was passing by beside me. I was looking at the front so I didn’t know who was walking near me and stuff like that since I was trying to concentrate on the next game. Since I didn’t know anyone in particular there, I didn’t really care who was around there. But then, when that girl passed by me, she said good luck to me. At first I felt confused because I thought that she said it to the wrong person, but I said thanks anyway. I could only see her back and that her hair was tied ponytail with a purple hair tie. So like whatever… I didn’t really care. After we got the trophy, the team got separated and went back home. Some of my friends and I went to Citos. We ate there and hang around for a while. It was kind of awkward because we were wearing our jerseys and that a lot of people were looking at us, but we didn’t really care because we were hungry. After dinner, we were waiting for the car to come. I was looking around, and I saw this girl carrying her little brother. She was walking and I was standing. I looked at her and she did too. Then, she smiled at me. I felt weird because I didn’t even know anyone there except for my friends. I thought it was my other friend that likes to hang out in Citos, so I smiled back. We waved our hands at each other and she waled into Citos while me and my friends were outside. Then when I saw her back, it was that girl that said good luck to me during the tournament. It was quite weird because not only did I not know the girl, but also the fact that I met her again and she remembered me. It might not sound weird for the readers, but it is weird to me. I don’t know the girl, but she just acts friendly to me in a way. =S *random, but I just got to write it*

[stePh]

No comments: