Sunday, December 09, 2007

End of Year

I can still remember the new year celebration early January this year. I was sitting on the church's bench, beside my friends, Ricky and Ricco. The preacher was our very own Ev. Amat, not the tallest but still a very good preacher. Christmas decorations were still hanging on the windows and stage. I was happy back then, there were no burdens whatsoever about going into a fresh new year. I didn't have to think about school, homeworks, future, life, etc. In a blink of an eye, here we are, last month of 2007. Many things certainly happened, though not many may be important, but there are always things to be reflected, especially coming in the end of the year.
Early this year, I was still in grade 10. Every morning, after going out from the bus, I went straight down the ramp, beside the male toilet, is my homeroom. The teacher was Mr.Mark, he was probably the most annoying yet caring teacher that have ever taught me. Everybody knows, especially the boys, how hard he tried to be the favorites among students. I was a very lazy student back then. Homeworks never bothered me, tests were easy, and it was MYP. Seniors said MYP and IB are two different world, but I didn't even care. Time passes by and Pre-IB came. It was a pivot in my study experiences. I have never been so nervous about school before, and since I moved in SPH, getting good grades were never a problem, until I experience IB. I also get to know different people and made some new very close friends, like Donny, Jason, and Andreas. We share the same double science classes. These science courses are killers, but with them in the class, I can enjoy studying. Teachers have also evolved from giving free 7's to hard 4's. In the course of summer holiday, I also went to a summer school program at Yale University. It was a very pleasing international experience because I can blend in people. Usually, I felt superior in my own country, but there, I am just another human being which made it a good way to change my way of thinking. After holiday was over, came real IB. The first few months were really tough because I have to try putting myself in a very different style of studying. My grades were not really satisfying in term 1, but both Mom and Dad have been very supporting and they said its really okay to not get decent grades in term 1, but they want me to promise them to get better grades next time.
Now, its the end of the year, and I am still struggling with my studies, but there are certainly many things that have change me during the course of this year. I am really glad I have made it through the year and I want to thank God for guiding me all this time.

James A2 HL

No comments: