Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Genius - Thompson XIV

Tuesday, 18th of December 2007


My previous thought is are proved when I watch my brilliant brain in National Geographic channel where they are discussing a kid who is a prodigy of playing a piano.


My ambition rises to make a genius or a prodigy when I would have a child.


The formula of genius is an early education and do an activity that they enjoy and willing that sits in hours and hours.


For genius are relative to the surrounding where a genius already spent their time early on education while other spends their time on other activities that do not gave them benefit to academic skill or externalities on academic.


I myself sometimes considered as a gaming prodigy as for half truth jokes in my social life. I remembered that in my child days I would spent hours and hours on video games. Reading faqs and walk through secret and forgot all about time have spent on it. (I have read many rpg faqs&secrets, a lot about ragnarok online, and about dota)


But realizing that I have spent my time doing those, I could see in the future that by having a game prodigy do not have a great future nor have a great present time as your parents would get mad at you. Therefore I would say it is not beneficial.


Now I am no longer good at games, I just now some theories that I have read but in practice, my reflexes and precision of timing have dulled. I have spent less time in video games compare to my schoolmate who does addicted to play games.


I have a friend called Jesse Thomas Lybianto, he said to me that his early childhood life is reading books. I looked at his present time now that he could write essay and writing very neatly and nice, which compared to me, I am not good for in my childhood time I seldom to read at all.


I want to create a genius and if possible made a genius out of myself.


What is a genius anyway?

I would say they are relatively smart at something on a major scale of people of their age.


Perhaps if a so called genius at something is to be compared to people who spent the same amount of time of that certain activity that they do, are their skills are the same?


Narrowing it down, genius is produced by genes, time spent on that activity, amount of concentration or passion on that activity, and an positive externalities on other activity that would benefit the activity of their genius skill, which have greater amount relative to the normal major scale of their age.


The difference between talent and genius is that talent have no factor of relativity of age comparison.


I must say that in the previous though of mine, I am confused in the difference between genius and talent. Diligence could produce talent, but it does not made them sound smart for their activities they are doing are taken into account in the eyes of people, while genius sometimes people do not take into account the time their spending on the activity their doing or other activity that gives positive externality on it. I must say that do not read much on the previous though for it is relatively inaccurate and imprecise to this though.


Jesse Thomas Lybianto... lucky bastard...

No comments: