Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ordinatio - XV

I remembered that in the last 2 weeks of school Ibu Monica, Ibu Kristianti, Ibu Antonia, and Ibu Elyse already mentioned that my hair was long, long enough to break the school's rule about boys having long hair. I bargained with them so that I would not be cut for holidays are near. I succeeded keeping my hair even though they rejected my bargain, they were just too kind.


A day from today my hair would be cut, but I am curious about the school's regulation why does boys are not permitted to have long hair? Every regulation and rule must have a reason why they are made, and on what purpose does this regulation is made? I will ask of the person who are in charge of making this rule to have a discussion with me, if I find the reason of this regulation is sharp, I would oblige to the regulation, and if not I would fight for it.


This regulation could be interpret in other word in a government language which is ban boys with long hairs. As I learned about ban in economic is banning is a blunt strategy, Mr Eric gives the class an image of a ban is same like there is a cancer on your hand and the easiest way to eliminate it is just to cut of your hand. It makes your cancer goes away, so does the benefit of having a hand. Therefore of course an alternative way to cure cancer is chemotherapy, which is sharper by eliminating only the cancer, with your hand still attach.


I would assume possible reasons why the regulation have made tis rule, perhaps their objective is to look neat. By having the students look neat, the school's good image is kept. I would say perhaps the majority of boys that have long hair are messy and perhaps look like pengamen or gangsters. In this reason I would say that for a sharper solution why not just ban messy hair instead of long hair? For long hairs could be neat, we could tied our hairs if we want to.


I would also assume that a cultural thing, this reason is a tricky one for it's assume that the majority of people is not comfortable of seeing boys with long hair. One way is that I have to make a poll that is this assumption really true. Also if they mentioned Indonesian culture, I have not seen and Indonesian culture that should have short hair, instead why not see our Chinese culture instead they have long hairs until it's braided.


Another assumption is that they would say that long hair would interrupt our studies having our hair blocked our ear and eyes. This is not true, in fact girls with long hair usually have their ears covered by their hair, are they interrupt by it? I guess not for many girls have long hair still achieve high marks. If they the school still persist we could tie our hair or use hair band would be a sharper solution instead of banning the long hair itself.


By the start of the school I would want to search who is in charge of the school rule, the first one would ask is of course Mr Chris, may this troublesome curiosity would be put to rest real soon.

No comments: