Monday, December 10, 2007

Colloseum

Even though its Christmas time and writting about Christmas related topics are more relevant, but I think this particular aspect of a lot of students should be discussed further. From time to time, since its old location inside Supermal, it has been a popular place for students to spend most of their time outside school. I was also a frequent customer of that game center.
My first visit was in early grade 6. Hendru, who was already a daily member of Colloseum, persuaded me to come and try internet cafe at Karawaci. I was ecstatic about it. We played counter-strike and warcraft that time. I wasn't really any good in playing those games, but after a few rounds, I was really addicted to it. A few weeks later, Hendru invited me to come and play again. Since I didn't have a lot of homeworks, I accepted it. Again, it was such a pleasurable time. The frequency of my visit to Colloseum increased from what was once a month into twice a week. This habit was then brought until grade 8. That was the year where I spent most time in that game center. My friends were Denny ( who has moved to SIS ) and Hendru. They were two game addicts, and I was also a fanatic. We spent a lot of afterschools in Colloseum, and when it is 4.30, we raced to find ojek to send us back to school to catch our late bus.
Now that I am in grade 11, the frequency decreased again. Even though I played less often, but the desire of playing is still very high. i am always waiting for moments like early releases and last day before holiday and invited everyone to play at Colloseum, which is now located in Benton Junction. Of course, I am easily tempted and on saturdays, I often skipped KYSL ( Karawaci Youth Soccer League ) and played with my best friend, Sadrakh, at Colloseum.
It is very hard to resist the temptation of playing, especially computer games with friends, but since IB is a very critical time of my study life, I am trying very hard to change the habit.

James A2 HL

No comments: