Thursday, November 29, 2007

Vita - Thompson IX


The Soul Eater Rune

As for those who knows several Latin words, vita means life, which I would discuss in this post. Those who read this post I would advise do not be assumed that its gonna be another writing about life of certain person, which they used to put about their story and how life that revolves around that person. It is a writing about the general thing about life, a simple question like "what is life?" or perhaps the most famous is "what is the meaning of life?"

I read a book about the History of Philosophy one day at the library, I was glazing through until I stumble across an interesting quote, "Life is an eternal struggle caused by desire" which the quote is in the Buddhism section. I think about it for awhile and it is true. That quote is the answer of "what is life?". Therefore the meaning of life is... The struggle and competition to fill one's desire. Notice I put competition on it, for sometimes one's desire conflict another one's desire.

The theory of human trinity that I synthesize myself and fit the word "desire" into this quote, which is the soul. After several thoughts I concluded that every living things have a desire. Like for the desire to eat in order to live. Our body nerves gives signal that we are hungry we must eat, we have been trained like that from baby, we cry when were are hungry. Therefore it becomes a habit, when we are hungry we eat.

I told this theory one my little brother one day and he declines the theory. What you need is not what you desire. So... something like food is something you need not desire, need and desire is a different thing he said. I though this in several hours to concluded that what we need depends on our desire. Here is why.

Have you ever wondered why we eat? Is eating something we need or desire? Firstly If in our soul desire to live, therefore we need to eat, but if our soul desire death would eating be necessary? No. But the problem is, not all people have ever realized why we eat anyway, because the desire of food or perhaps to live is inside our subconsciousnesses which in my previous post that I have stated. Therefore I would say that even though what we need and what our desire is not the same but they are proportional to each other. For what we need is depends on what we desire.

We already talked about "desire" in the "Life is an eternal struggle caused by desire" now it is about the struggle, in order to satisfy our desire we need to do something in order to get it. We want food, we make one ourself or just buy them. We want money we do many methods to gain money, we want love, we find them, or make em.

But what if an event of a person that his or her desire is being fulfilled without the proper amount of struggle? There would be an imbalance event in their life, In order not to be affected by this his/her body of emotion and mind must be strong. For example, a guy who won a million dollar lottery ticket, which money is what he desire, the struggle however is very minuscule that obtain the money, he could spends all of it or do whatever they want, but I have heard that those people who won this kinds of thing usually suicide when the money is all spent. Without a strong mind and the body of emotion, struggle with little amount to fill desire might be hazardous.

As we all know, our newer generation now feels that almost everything is instant, compare to our old generation, therefore we could say that technology gives us less struggle to fill our desire. This way our new generation have become a habit of a state of mind. That way usually new generation wants thing faster perhaps.

But at the end, in order to be happy; that is if you want your life to be happy. We have to have a proper amount of struggle to achieve our desire that our mind know of. Without that proper amount of struggle we could never feel content.

On the next post I will talk about happiness, which usually people would say that their purpose of life is to be happy.

2 comments:

TimothyTang said...

I cannot reveal the definition of life from my book but I do agree that "Life is an eternal struggle caused by desire". However, the distinction between personal and fundamental desires of people should be noted. There are the personal desires that vary between people and there are the fundamental desires that is common among all.

administrator said...

Yes I would agree,
As I have observed there are different types of desire,
like the personal one, and the desire of accepted in society is a different one indeed, to clarify all types of desire is what I could not be capable of doing such thing. If your book shows that, It would be the uttermost interesting thing to read indeed.

-Thompson