Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Microscopic look upon the Soul - Thompson VIII

The soul, the entity that exist and it's sole purpose is only to desire, to manipulate our mind and body to fulfill it's desire to satisfaction. Upon looking more closer upon the soul, I have founded that there are many types of desire, and some of the even contradicts themselves. Yet even though I only have found some of them, I would try my best describe those using my limited English writing skill.

I have noticed that there are a desire to satisfy oneself, either it is satisfaction in the mind or the body, a simple desire. But there is something else, some desire is the desire to be accepted in the community on what our action do. An example is given in a cartoon called "I am weasel", I would change I.R. baboon into a human being. So there is a weird person that from a kid he always want to try dancing nakedly in a popcorn machine, but of course he doesn't dare to do such thing, for the embarrassment that if people see him did that is too much. So the desire to be accepted to be seen as a normal human is greater than the desire to dance nakedly in a popcorn machine. This however deep inside the desire is unfulfilled. The action of the person would be either fulfill it in a certain way or using his mind to manipulated his soul (desire) to be gone.

As I have found this analysis I found that Sigmund Freud's theory is all the focus upon the soul, his ID, ego and super ego. In above example is how ID and Super ego contradicts. As I read again about Sigmund Freud, i would say his theory fits to the term soul, and sometimes our desire is uncontrolled or unnoticeable to our consciousness. For some of us, we never though or ask to ourselves "Why I desire such thing?" These kinds of question will make your ID float to our conscious side.




Upon seeing this in microscopic scale, it is still vague and undetermined how much variety our desire have, the closest is Sigmund Freud's theory. I would say no more, we shall continue next upon our topic about life, and believe me it is not any cliche, that talks about life, for the question of "What is the meaning of life" is already answered... long long loooooong time ago.

-Thompson

1 comment:

administrator said...

Interesting, I wonder how your book would be published in Indonesia, I would like to read it though...