Friday, November 16, 2007

Human Trinity - Thompson VII


A theory that I made myself, inspired by the picture at the wall of ancient Ishibal at Full Metal Alchemist's story, That inside of human lies a body, mind, and soul. The story tells some theory how the body, mind and soul works, like examples that the body would reject every soul except it's original, and How the soul & body thinks is through the mind.

However unrelated to those actual theory from the story, I frequently think in dilemma about this topic and try to make my own theory to fit in this realistic world. I recalled the term "Tormented soul" and what is actually meant. If a person is being tortured in any equipments that you could find in torture chamber, it only gives the feeling of pain that the body feels. Does tormenting our body with exquisite pain gives the term "tormented soul?"

Once again I recall the story of Jesus that He was also been tormented but I do not think that his soul is disturbed by any kind of body tormenting. Then there must be something what souls do, and how to fit the term of "tormented soul"

As I ponder upon this, something like an uttermost flash came into my mind what the soul actually do. I could not say that how I could came up with such thing, but it fits what the soul works perfectly. I was enlighted by the knowledge that what the soul works is simply to desire.

It fits perfeclt to the term of "tormented soul" for a person when his/her desire is not fullfilled he/she will expirience torment, of course that as humans we could see in a short run and long run, that is what our mind work. The desire that can be fullfilled within time range, our soul perhaps do not feel much of a torment, but when our mind is in despair knowing that our probability of obtaining that desire is 0% then he/she will be expirience torment.

This theory is almost the same as what I have learned from TOK class, where they talked about emotion and logic, but however people who do not have desire do not have emotion. Therefore it is incomplete. The term emotion in TOK class, I would say fits perfectly to the term of "body" plus the additional of physical features that our body really works, and logic is obviously is the "mind"

I also came to realise that these trinity would effect each other, what our knowledge in our mind might effect what we desire and how our body acts. Our body might effect how we think and what we desire, and our soul (desire) can effect how our body and mind works.

An example how mind effects our soul: if I am a guy who likes to eat Big Mac frequently, one of my senses which is the tongue which can be put in the term of body, gives me utter most pleasure from eating Big Mac, therefore my soul desires it. But if I have the knowledge that eating Big Mac might gives me a great probability of giving me a heart attack, my desire for Big Mac probably reduced significantly.

From this "Human Trinity" I would it is how a person have their personal identification or I could say it simply that these features are what made a human is differ from another.

I would say no more, I shall continue on this philosophy and psicology conquest on the next blog, "A microscopic look to the soul"

-Thompson

No comments: