Monday, November 12, 2007

Benton Junction Slow Jazz Festival. - Frederick

Ah, what a relief ‘tis festival hath cometh to an end. Ha-ha, Shakespearean. Ok, basically this day I was playing for all the things. I was playing for the jazz band, jazz guitar and the soloist (teacher’s band) section. This is actually all of them. I played nonstop from the beginning of the event until the end, even the teachers have some part that they don’t play…

This is the first time I played in an open road like Benton junction. I have performed many times ago, but it is only at the café and stuff. So it is not that crowded. Man, SPH teachers, my friends and my family come here to watch me play too. I’m really nervous when I play, seriously. Pak Harif said that all the things are good, but we did all of them different from what we practice at lunchtimes. Sorry, Pak Harif. :D

After the event, I ate at Benton Junction with my friends. That was one crazy night. We went to a Chinese restaurant (non-halal one.) and guess what; we saw a group of Muslim people wearing jilbab eating there. Whoa. This restaurant must be good if we see that they want to sacrifice their god for it ha-ha. But at the end, it was not good at all. Screw them.

When we went home, we saw a band playing after us. They were great, very great. They played the music “watermelon man” which we should play in jazz guitar. But it is very difficult so we cancel it and change to a different song. But overall, this day was awesome. Even though I have to play from start to end, I get to see this really cool band and see the little ‘entertainment’ of Muslim people eating non-halal food. Haha. Funny.

-Frederick

No comments: