Monday, November 26, 2007

Youth camp

Last weekend, I just had a youth camp with my youth at church organization called YFC (Youth For Christ). It was a BLAST! AWESOME! and was a SUCCESS! I was part of the team who organizes the youth camp, and I learned a lot of things through this. One month for preparation for me is not enough. Especially, the service team are made up of people in Pluit and Karawaci. And we found that its hard to conduct a meeting for the youth camp since the places are far from each other. At first, I thought that the youth camp was not going to happen because just 2 weeks before the camp, we don't have the exact place for the youth camp, and no promotion as well. I was freaking out, but I was wondering that the others were not freaking out. Well, 1 and a half weeks before the camp, we held a meeting for the youth camp preparation, like promoting it to everyone, held a fund raising, checking the venue again, and made schedule. The day before the youth camp, people from Karawaci held a brief meeting about tomorrow's planning, and we found out that there was a problem of the transportation. I was really angry at that time, but I knew that I have to be patience. I asked GOD to guide me, and to just bless the Youth Camp so that everything would work smoothly. And you know what? GOD love us so much that he not just make the youth camp happens, but also giving so many participants. I was really amazed of His love.

During the youth camp, I found out that we had to pay extra money, and I was really pissed again, because we have no more money. But I overcame it just with prayer. The first night of the youth camp, I had to prepare a presentation for talk 1, for the next morning. I was really nervous because it was my first time giving a talk. I kept thinking that I'm ready, but then I'm not. That feelings goes on and off till the minute before my talk. Actually, for me to stand in front of a lot of people, and giving a talk or session is one of my fear in my life. As I was being introduced by my friends (MC), I decided to just let go of my fear; I walked there, still nervous though. Then I started to talk about GOD's Love and His plan for us. When I greet the participants, they all reacted quitly, not replying. At that moment, I told myself, "I just failed". But I kept talking, connecting my talk to the power point presentation, I still tried to interact with them, and just talk all the way. At the end of my talk, they started to interact more, started to "laugh" when they suppose to laugh, and I just felt really happy. After I gave my talk, I went out of the chapel, and I opened my arms wide, I was reliefed! I thank God for that opportunities. After giving talk, I just felt that I just overcome my fear. (well not all of them, but most of them)
Later on that day, we were having a one on one conversation with the participants. We were suppose to be a place for them to tell everything about their problems, difficulties in their life, and other more. I gave them some advices, and I couldn't believe that I said things like that. Some of the things I said, it never really think about it, and never came across my mind. But it was unbelievable, that I said things like that without really thinking about what I gotta say. Also, as I was praying for the at the pray over, I also felt things like that. It was all God's Love, His grace, and I was touched!

It is my priviledge to serve Him, one of the way is through this! His Love made all things possible.

-del

No comments: