Saturday, May 03, 2008

Media

This term for English class is quite interesting because we are learning about media. Before I studied about media, I never really though in depth what commercials are trying to get from the audience and how information can be passed on through media things like advertisements, movies, songs and even articles. What I found most interesting about this topic is when watching the movie "Super Size Me". It is very crazy how the person actually wanted to do this kind of experiment because he is risking his health. This movie was very unique because it talks about fast foods and how it is not good. They have shown the detailed information by using this kind of way so that the audience will stay interested. Aside from that, there are other interesting activities that were done during this media term which is analyzing some advertisements & cutting and pasting the claims that are used by the advertisements. Honestly, I feel smarter after learning more about the 10 claims and I wouldn't have realized how women are portrayed badly in the media. Now, whenever I see an advertisement, I became a critical thinker because I try to find reasons behind it and what the media wants from the audience, and also how they present it to attract the people's attention.I hope that I get to learn more about media and can analyze things more in depth. I have also listened to lots of songs and read some magazines to the see the advertisements. Not only that it attracts the readers, but also just to know what they're trying to tell the audience is very interesting.

[stePh]

No comments: