Sunday, May 18, 2008

Disney on Ice!! =DD

Not long ago, maybe around 1-2 weeks ago, my family and I, along with my mother's friend's family, went to watch the "Disney on Ice" show. Since I was around 12 years of age, I wanted to watch the show.. But I never really could because normally the show will be held in Singapore or so. One day, I was watching Disney Channel. (Haha.. I know it's childish, but Disney Channel's fun to watch! Haha) Then, there was the commercial of the show, showing when and where the show will be held in different countries. I was kind of happy because I found out that one of the countries that they will be performing at is in Jakarta, Indonesia. :) I told my mom about it and she told me to research on the website, etc. I checked and tried to find information about the show that will be held in Jakarta, but there was no results. So I told my mom that there was no info about it and that maybe its not really going to happen in Jakarta. At first i was upset, but then whatever.

A few weeks passed by, and then my mom asked me whether I wanted to watch the show or not. I was excited and said yes. Apparently, there was not much tickets left, but we still got the good seats anyway. Hehe..

The day all of us went to the show, it was super crowded! Since it was my first time watching this type of show, I was very excited! I felt like I was a 10 year old girl or something. I noticed a couple of things during the show. Even though the place was small, the show was quite satisfying. I think they chose a small place so that everyone can see it better. Other than that, the sound system was good as well, the lighting was perfect and the dancing was awesome. But sadly, the costumes wasn't good enough, although they did some creative techniques. One example is the 101 Dalmation. It's quite hard if they had 101 performers in such a small stage, so one person will have 2 dummies on their right and left which looks like the dogs as well. Other than that, their props was similar to the real cartoons, so it can make me remember the parts that they are performing about.

Some people who have watched this type of show said that it was quite disappointing. But for me, it was good. I enjoyed it, even though I must say that it's more suitable for younger kids. Almost everyone who watched the show had smiles on their faces, even the parents. =) I wouldn't mind watching another 1 next time. Hehe xP



[stePh]

No comments: