Monday, May 12, 2008

my favourite genre :D

Today, I’m going to talk about my favorite music genre. I love power metal music since I knew them; well at first I only know progressive metal bands like “Dream Theater”, “Metalicca” and “Megadeth”. Well I liked them since grade 7 until recently; I was kind of bored hearing progressive metal songs. Now I liked power metal and Neo-Classical songs. Well you guys must think that I’m a crazy metal freak geek blah haha. But sadly, yes I am. :(

I liked power metal genre from bands like “Dragonforce” and many more. But, I liked neo-classical genre just recently because of my friend, Yonathan. He told me songs from Yngwie Malmsteen and it is REALLY GOOD. Well, for my ear it is.

After that, I somewhat researched about this genre and see more of the band that is playing neo-classical songs. At the end I accidently see a video clip by Maksim Mrvica called Cubana. It was awesome. At first I’m not interested at all to piano and other girly instruments, but after seeing him play, I suddenly love piano. Dang. This remembered me about a memory in the past when I was kicked out of the piano lesson by my teacher. Hey, I paid the teacher and the teacher kicked me out. That’s mean. Well at that time, I was very happy because I didn’t like piano at all, but now I feel kind of regretful. OK, back to Maksim, the thing I love about him is that he can play a rock-latin-metalish tune out of an acoustic piano. Crazy huh? Even though he looks kind of gay, his songs are awesome.

I think this is all about my strange affection towards metal and neo-classical songs. Sorry about this pointless blog, I just write what inside my heart haha :)

SONGS TO CONSIDER:

-Maksim Mrvica – Cubana

-Dragonforce – Through the Fire and Flames

-Yngwie Malmsteen – Far Beyond the Sun

-Yngwie Malmsteen – Rising Force

-Dream Theater – The Ministry of Lost Souls

NB: to you who are saying metal songs are satanic songs, you are absolutely wrong. There are a lot of Christian metal bands out there. So try these new tunes out :)

No comments: