Monday, August 27, 2007

Sigmund Freud -Thompson I

Today, in Bahasa Indonesia class
I read about Sigmund Freud and his theory

Sigmund Freud, The father of psychoanalysis...
where he born and when; i don't really care about it
His proof of existence is on his contribution to humanity

I just learned a little bit about his "Theories of Personalities"
which consist of Id, Ego and Super Ego

I will just write this briefly that

Id is the urge to have pleasure, Desire. Pleasure Principle
Super Ego is conscience, the value of moral. Reality Principle
Ego is the one that balance both Id and Super Ego

Id and Super Ego usually contradicts each other

We could not get all our desire to be fulfilled. but at least some of it have to be fulfilled.
If they are not fulfilled, it still desires it, its not gone. If the desire is something that contradicts the morality and ethics of that time. The Super Ego will tell that it is not good to do such thing.

an example is that in the past, people shouldn't have sexual intercourse if not married, a person probably desires lust of sexual intercourse (Id) but he/she can't because they are not married (Super Ego). What will happen next is either he/she can maintain his/her lust or not (Ego).

If he/she could not maintain between super ego and id he/she will have a conflict within themselves. If id is out of control then he/she will made their desire fulfilled they would have a sexual intercourse with someone in this case. If super ego can suppress id, they did not do it, but the desire still there.

That pretty much covers what I learned from the article about Sigmund Freud's theory.
Personally I think it is interesting.

I've even made a mathematical equation for Happiness or Sad, I will put it some other time or next week its already 11:58 and I'm tired... also I have the Great Gatsby chapter 7 to read.
over and out

-Thompson

No comments: